The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho is one of the best books I have read so far. This book has all the goodness which one needs to keep from negative attitude or beliefs. Its story of a boy who’s in search of a treasure chest, which he had seen in his dream twice.
Out of nowhere he went to a palmist and that lady told him the interpretation of his dream, that he’s going to find a treasure in Pyramids of Egypt and later circumstances made him meet a mysterious king who himself was well aware of the dream and the palmist, to boys surprise.
He guides the boy towards the path, handed him two stones Ummim and Thummim and told him to use them in extreme need. The boy traveled long distances in search of his treasure.
In that travelling session he suffered a lot, tolerated the harsh deserts, extreme temperature, sacrificed many things like his love which he felt for a desert woman, Fatima.
Although at the end the boy got what he was searching, yet, this write up teaches us a million things as per to our mentality and our spirituality.
For my side, I learnt things below mentioned:
- What’s yours is yours and will be in your life sooner or later.
- Never ever mess with others’ destiny.
- Try to read the signs nature gives you.
- Believe in yourself.
- Trust your destiny.
- Enjoy your sufferings.
- Always look for the positive side.
- Concentrate on future.
- Love which is meant to be yours is yours and that would find you or wait for you.
- True love help you pursue your dreams and which doesn’t do that is not true love.
- You should have faith in your dreams.
- Never leave anything getting frustrated, know that everything you tolerate has a reward.
- Learn patience, be patient for everything.
- Always be brave never let anything shatter your confidence.
I would recommend everyone to read it once. What they get from this novel is dependent on their own mind set, but, whatever they’ll get will be only positive for sure. 🙂