The South Korean news agency Yonhap news revealed that Samsung is going to release it’s highly anticipated foldable Galaxy F in March 2018. The industry experts also guess the phone will come with a price tag of $1,770.
Samsung unveiled the phone to developers just last week at Developers Conference 2018. The phone was wrapped off in order to get the ‘critical feedback’ from the developers to make sure the technology works swiftly before it rolls out for the public. The display of the phone dubbed as “Infinity Flex”, however, Samsung did not itself disclose the name of the phone. But according to Yonhap’s report, the phone will be named as ‘Galaxy F’.
Sources also revealed that Samsung will launch the folding phone along with the 5G-abled Galaxy S10 phone.
The “industry watchers” also estimate the phone’s sale price will be around $1,770. The CEO of Samsung DJ Koh reportedly said last week that Samsung will ship at least 1 million of the phone after its launching.
Specs of the Phone
- Pixel density is a standard 420 ppi
- The resolution, when folded, is 840 x 1960
- Resolution when unfolded 1536 x 2152
- Infinity Flex Display is 7.3 inches & 4.2:3 aspect ratio (when unfolded)
- Infinity Flex has a 4.58-inch display with an aspect ratio of 21:9 (when folded)