The National University of Sciences And Technology (Nust) Islamabad and Lahore University of Management Sciences (Lums) have secured the spot among the top 100 varsities of Asia by the QS Asia Universities Rankings 2019.
The QS ranking named 500 top varsities of Asia. Both universities have improved their rankings this year and are listed in the top 100 institutions in the list. Last year, NUST was at 112, and this year in 2019, it has jumped to 87. Likewise, LUMS which was placed at 107, climbed up to 95 in QS ranking 2019.
However, Quaid-i-Azam University, that was at 133 last year, also improved its ranking and is placed at 109 in the 2019 list. Karachi University also made its name in the 500 top Asian universities. It is placed between 251-260 grouping.
QS ranks universities based on six indicators: academic reputation, employer reputation, faculty students ratio, citation per faculty, international faculty ratio and international students ratio.
The top 10 universities on the list are:
- National University of Singapore (NUS)
- The University of Hong Kong
- Nanyang Technological University, Singapore (NTU)
- Tsinghua University, China
- Peking University, China
- Fudan University, China
- The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
- KAIST – Korea Advanced Institute of Science & Technology, South Korea
- The Chinese University of Hong Kong (CUHK)
- Seoul National University, South Korea