Arduino based Autonomous Car Prototype: Good for your FYP
The main idea behind constructing this prototype is to implement a driverless car that can drive itself from one point to another without assistance from a driver. One of the main impetuses behind the call for driverless cars is safety. Most prototypes that have been built so far performed automatic steering that was based on sensing the painted lines in the road or magnetic monorails embedded in the road.
This project is designed to gain experience and to work on driverless car technology. The concept behind that car is to make the car free from driving and follow the predefined path by avoiding obstacles. This project focuses on how to use
the autonomous car technology today. The car is able to perform the following:
- The car can be started and stopped by receiving Bluetooth signal from android application.
- It avoids collision through obstacle avoidance feature.
- It follows the path using line tracking feature.
- A car follows the Green and Red light to perform navigation.
- Car detects and follows the red light as a stopping indicator and Greenlight as turning Signal to select specific(user defined) path.
- A mobile application is built to control the LEDs which will be followed by Car.
- GPS technology is used to send “Reached “message on mobile as Car reached to destination.
Here is the full video description
Mobile Application is designed to provide navigation and also car engine is controlled by that application.
Here we are using an Android OS based Smartphone for controlling the Autonomous car. For that, the Android OS must fulfil some conditions like: to have Bluetooth connectivity. By Mobile application, we can send a message to the Arduino using Bluetooth. Arduino receives a message, the message is analyzed and an action is executed. This action can be something related to movement (go to department 1, Start, etc). Location tracking of an autonomous car through GPS shield, GPS shield communicates with the Arduino and sends location data on Cloud through GSM technology. Mobile Application read the location data from Cloud and display on Google Map.
By Shakeebah Aurengzeb