In Islam women have some rights to know before signing nikkah nama.
In our society it is considered that after marriage women should stick to cooking and looking after her husband and in-laws or if she had blessed with babies than the priority round over babies , no such activities women should allowed to done.
It is believed that women have to take care of her home and only home.
There is no such things in Islam regarding cooking, sweeping or looking after her in-laws.
Women have rights to do anything even after marriage or in collaboration with her husband.
Some Important Islamic point one should know:
- The money you make from your job is YOUR money.
- The husband HAS to pay you a pocket money for personal expenses.
- When you breast feed your child, you have the right to ask your husband to pay for it, and he cannot deny that to you.
- You are under no obligation to give any of your heritages to your husband.
- In Islam, the man is to pay for the wedding out of his own pocket.
- THERE IS NO CONCEPT OF DAHEJ and you can sue / file a report against any family demands to give money or any other form of material possession as ‘ martial gift ‘
- Cooking is not mandatory on wife. Husband has to cook and feed himself and his wife. If a wife cooks for his husband / family then she is doing Ihsaan on her husband.