How to cope with blunt and sarcastic people? My experience and tactics to deal with sarcasm.
They say” mera to dil saaf hai jo dil mein hai wohi zaban par hai”. Are you serious?
There is a fine line between being truthful and blunt!
You do not have to hurt someone’s feelings just to speak your heart out…
Just differentiate between playful and painful sarcasm…!
You just don’t say everything!
Who are you to judge anyone in any aspect?
So after losing my father, one thing that I have learned is “opinions aren’t facts”.
I have learned to cope with people’s behavior, sarcasm and criticism specifically. And my humor has become dark humor…☻
I sometimes just smile or reply with best possible meetha answer which sets them on fire (Hatanay mein zyada maza aata hai, trust me😂) or at least try to convey something politely(Han meetha hi) so they do not dare to say that again…
So following are a few coping techniques that I implement to get away with those who unnecessarily give their opinions or poke nose.
- You are what you are nobody’s approval needed! (Clichéd right, but this is so TRUE, like hell true!)
- Nobody gives a damn what you have been through or what you are being through so just don’t listen to them.
- Learn how to take sarcasm and counterattack😉
For example if you are called “moti”,
Just reply with “Alhamdulillah halal khati hoon is liye lagta hai mujhe”
(This ain’t my story as I have always been underweight but yeh bhi masla hai agey batati hon🙃)
- So I have always been underweight and get to hear “itni Dubli ho/haddiyan hain bas(while hugging)/itni Dubli kyun ho gai?”
I always reply them “this is called 0 size and smartness”😜
Matlab go get a life man!!
- Tell the person how you feel about the remark. Sometimes being frank can be a better response. You do not have to be angry.
- If the sarcasm is really getting under your skin you can go with straight reaction and walk away.
- Just do not like that child who says” tumne mujhe tongue out kiya now look at me so I can tongue out on your face as well rather be like that happy-go-lucky child who says “Jo kehta hai wohi hota hai.😛”
- Turn yourself into a diplomat yes heard that right! Diplomacy is the key to a happy life. Not everyone needs to be answered. Just smile!
- You have bigger problems then considering poisonous people’s point of views.
Just do not let them effect your life.
- Avoid those people if you can’t cope with them.
When someone taunts me:
(Inner me: laughs ,bacha hai yeh bilkul, I consider them as insensible bachay, ok aap jeet gaye yeh lo oscar!)
Aapki soch what can I do?
So this blog is for those as well who love to poke their nose in someone else life.
Please just mind your own business.
We don’t need your “goodness”.:)
When you truly don’t care what anyone thinks of you, you have reached a dangerously awesome level of freedom.