Breakfast Benefits Of Oatmeal
- Oats has soluble and insoluble fiber. Soluble fibers form a dense gel which helps lowering cholesterol and stabilize blood glucose levels. The insoluble fiber in oats helps in curtailing constipation and improving intestinal health. It makes our colon smile.
- Oats , balanced breakfast. One cup of cooked oatmeal has about 150 calories, four grams of fiber (both half soluble and half insoluble), and six grams of protein. To boost protein more, you can eat oatmeal with a swirl of almond butter nestled within. This powerful combo can fulfill all your requirements.
- Oats source of important minerals. Nutrient-rich oatmeal contains thiamine, magnesium, phosphorus, zinc, manganese, selenium, and iron.
- Oats naturally are gluten free, this increases their benefits to upto 3 folds.
- Oats could help you loose weight by keeping you feeling fuller longer.carbs often shunned and feared by those looking to drop a few pounds, opting grains could squash hunger and simultaneously provide that pleasant feeling carb-lovers crave. But, be mindful of portion sizes.
A Yummy Recipe On How To Make Oatmeal
- 1 cup oats
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup water
- teaspoon salt (pinch)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Desired toppings (such as sliced almonds, peanut butter, or fresh fruit)
How To Make It:
Mix oats, cinnamon, salt, water, milk and let it boil. Reduce flame once it comes to boil.
keep uncovered 3 to 5 minutes until thickened, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
Divide equally between two bowls. Drizzle each serving with 1/2 teaspoon honey. Add additional desired toppings and serve.
You can transform the above dish into many new dishes:
- Oats once prepared can be mixed with Yogurt and marmalade to give it a new touch.
- If you’re fond of cheese you can opt for putting some cheese on top.
- In case of loving dry nuts you can add some.
- Having it with peanut butter and grapes can be wonderful.