Medical experts yesterday have warned the people that an excessive use of heating equipment can be dangerous and cause irreplaceable loss. The experts said when the temperature drops and winters approach, the majority of people start using heating systems to keep rooms warm especially, though they don’t know the excessive use of such equipment may lead to serious consequences.
Respiratory physician Dr Javed Ashraf while talking about the outcomes said excessive use of heaters can cause dehydration in the body which may give rise to other illnesses including kidney problems and to prevent this, one should make sure to drink plenty of water. He also suggested wearing warm wool clothes to minimise the use of heaters. He also advised the people to air their houses as air is the best natural tonic and always work better than synthetic fresheners.
Every year in Pakistan, various cases are reported where people suffocate to death due to excessive use of heaters and burning of wood and coal during the night. The physician also mentioned during the winter season our blood pressure goes on the increase and that could affect the blood supply to the heart.
He explained, deadly situations occur when the poisonous gas carbon monoxide release from the faulty heating equipment and spread in the air, it may lead people to faint or even die. Moreover, children, pregnant women and their unborn babies, older people, and people with chronic illnesses such are more prone to the risks of such poisonous gases.
He advised people that gas heaters should be professionally installed and make sure to get their service done by a trained and qualified gasfitter. An unsafe and faulty heater can cause a house fire or spread dangerous pollutants and fumes in your house and surroundings.