A REVIEW ON THE PRODUCTION OF HUMAN GROWTH HORMONE BY USING PLANT VIRUS – BASED EXPRESSION SYSTEM:
Plants are a good choice for being used as a source for producing different recombinant proteins, biopharmaceuticals and enzymes, human growth hormone In early days these therapeutic proteins were produced in non-plant based organisms, but these are not applicable for all pharmaceutical and sometimes failed to deliver the final product.
OBJECTIVE OF RESEARCH WAS:
In this research, the human growth hormone is used as an example to be produced by a plant using a viral vector system. In human pituitary gland produces growth hormone. In the first place, this growth hormone was extracted by the glands of died people. It leads to very dangerous diseases. In order to neglect this devastating result, there was a need to develop a solution.
EXPERIMENTAL PROCEDURE WAS:
- Construction of viral vector.
- Isolation and identification of human growth hormone protein.
- Activity analysis of human growth hormone by bioassay.
RESULTS THEY GIVE WERE:
- The Human Growth Hormone produced in this work was bio-active, however, it was not identical to other recombinant proteins characterized in human clinical trials. In contrast with this work, the N-terminal end of the apoplast-targeted HGH produced using the pro-vector system is exactly the same as the mature human protein.
- If high amounts are given to plants they may be toxic.
- The highest levels of the hormone were found in apoplast followed by chloroplast.
This is a research of and I am only giving you an overview of this topic.
- Details can be found in this paper: